Solarc Systems Inc. Terms and Conditions of Sale for Ultraviolet Phototherapy Devices:
1. The “Device” is defined as a Solarc/SolRx Ultraviolet Phototherapy Lamp Unit or Ultraviolet Phototherapy Bulbs.
2. The “Patient” is defined as the person that is intended to receive ultraviolet skin treatments using the Device.
3. The “Responsible Person” is defined as the Patient or any person that is in care or custody of the Patient, such as a parent or guardian.
4. A “Healthcare Professional” is defined as a medical doctor (MD) or nurse practitioner qualified to provide advice on ultraviolet phototherapy and qualified to perform skin examinations for skin cancer and other adverse effects.
5. The Responsible Person acknowledges that they have been advised by Solarc Systems to seek the advice of a Healthcare Professional to ensure that ultraviolet phototherapy is a suitable treatment option for the Patient’s diagnosis and to evaluate the Responsible Person’s ability to use the Device safely.
6. The Responsible Person agrees that the Device will be used only by the Patient.
7. The Responsible Person agrees that the Device will be used only if the Responsible Person arranges and obtains for the Patient a skin examination performed by a Healthcare Professional at least once per year.
8. The Responsible Person agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Healthcare Professional and/or Solarc Systems Inc. and/or any associated reseller from any action or claim if the Responsible Person fails to arrange and obtain for the Patient a skin examination performed by a Healthcare Professional at least once per year.
9. For Solarc/SolRx Ultraviolet Phototherapy Lamp Unit purchases, the Responsible Person agrees to read and fully understand the User’s Manual supplied with the Device before the Patient’s first treatment. If any part of the User’s Manual is not understood, the Responsible Person agrees to consult with a Healthcare Professional for interpretation. The Responsible Person agrees to request a replacement User’s Manual should the original be lost (a replacement User’s Manual will be supplied free of charge by Solarc Systems Inc.).
10. The Responsible Person agrees that the Patient and all other persons exposed to the ultraviolet light produced by the Device will wear ultraviolet protective eye-wear during Device operation.
11. The Responsible Person understands that, as with natural sunlight, use of the Device may cause adverse effects, including, but not limited to sunburn, premature aging of the skin, and skin cancer. The Responsible Person agrees that the Healthcare Professional and/or Solarc Systems Inc. and/or any associated reseller is not responsible for any adverse effects arising from the use or misuse of the Device.
12. For E‑Series Devices (120-volt), the Responsible Person agrees that Add‑On Devices will only be connected to and operated from a Solarc E‑Series Master Device, to a maximum of 4 Add‑On Devices per Master Device.
13. This transaction and its Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable in Ontario.
14. Solarc Systems Inc. and the Responsible Person agree to accept signatures electronically or by fax, and that they shall be legal and binding.
16. The Responsible Person agrees that, by checking the signature check box in the preceding checkout page, they are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
SolRx 1000‑Series & E‑Series Shipping Policy: This is an oversize package, it is therefore necessary that the receiver be present and assist the driver with unloading. It is not possible for the courier to call before the shipment is delivered and the courier will make only one attempt to deliver the package. It is therefore strongly recommended that the “Ship To” address be one that is likely to have somebody there during working hours, such as a place of business. If nobody is present at the time of delivery, the courier will leave a notice that the delivery was attempted. It will then be necessary for the receiver to pick up the package within 5 days from the courier’s depot at the receiver’s expense. Pickups will require at least a minivan, station wagon or pickup truck or if the device is taken out of the shipping box, it may fit into a smaller vehicle. Alternatively, a local delivery service could be used. Delivery times are normally next day in Ontario and 3-5 days to the West, Quebec, and Maritimes.
Devices listed are 120-volt and fully assembled with Phillips UVB-Narrowband bulbs, UV protective eyewear, comprehensive user’s manual with exposure guidelines for psoriasis / vitiligo / atopic dermatitis (eczema), and mounting hardware as needed. Standard Home Phototherapy Warranty: 4 years on the device / 1 year on the bulbs. There is nothing else that you need to purchase. * Device shipping is included to most locations in Canada – extra charges apply for remote locations (beyond points). Provincial Sales Taxes for Non-HST-Participating Provinces may apply and are payable by the Purchaser. Most devices are also available in 230-volt; or as UVB-Broadband, UVA (PUVA) and UVA-1; please call for further info. ** Fits Solarc E‑Series & 1000‑Series. Proudly made in Canada since 1992. Prices valid from March 01, 2015.