SolRx International Orders
Since its inception in 1992,
Solarc has shipped devices to more than 80 countries
We can do the same for you!
Device Availability & Supply Power / Voltage Considerations:
The standard complete SolRx product line uses 120-volt, 60Hz, 3-prong grounded power supply, but also available are several SolRx models for use with 230-volt, 50/60Hz, 3-prong grounded power supply, namely the:
E720M-UVBNB-230V (E-Series Master 2-bulb)
E720A-UVBNB-230V (E-Series Add-On 2-bulb)
1780UVB-NB-230V (1000-Series 8-bulb)
550UVB-NB-230V (500-Series Hand/Foot & Spot 5-bulb)
120UVB-NB-230V (100-Series Handheld 2-bulb)
These 230-volt devices all have a “-230V” in their model number and will operate well at any voltage between about 220 and 240 volts.
All the SolRx -230V devices are usually in-stock for quick delivery.
Alternatively, if your supply power is 220 to 240 volts, a properly sized ~230-volt to 120-volt step-down transformer could be used with any SolRx 120-volt device, but be careful to never try to operate a 120-volt device directly using a higher voltage, such as 240-volts, because that will cause non-warranty failure of the bulbs, ballasts, and/or timer. This, however, can be repaired.
International Shipping (Non-USA Orders):
The smaller SolRx devices (500-Series and 100-Series Handheld) can be shipped directly to your door using DHL. Transit times are typically 5 to 12 business days. Alternatively, small packages including the 100-Series can be shipped by national postal services, originating with Canada Post.
The larger SolRx “Full Body” devices (E-Series, 1000-Series, and their 6-foot long replacement bulbs) are typically arranged and delivered by Solarc to the nearest international airport, where the purchaser is responsible for importing the device according to local requirements. There is no “door-to-door” delivery – the purchaser must go to the airport to pick up the product. Transit times are typically 3 to 7 days depending on flight availability. Shipping using this method has the advantage that the device is not put at risk of damage by others during final local ground transportation. Hundreds of shipments has shown this shipping method to be both cost effective and secure.
For all shipments, any import fees, taxes, duties, and brokerage is payable by the purchaser. The device is shipped with Solarc’s standard international customs paperwork package, including a commercial invoice and product identification. The necessary paperwork is attached to the outside of the shipping box, and also sent to you by email as soon as the flight information is available, so you have time to prepare for the airport pickup.
Important Note: Before placing an order, it is important to obtain a customs certificate or importation authorization from your home country for the items you are ordering. Failure to do so may result in importation issues and possible confiscation of the equipment by local customs. Solarc Systems Inc. is not responsible for any equipment confiscated by customs upon arrival in your country. Solarc Systems Inc. uses the CPT Incoterm.
For information regarding how the SolRx warranty applies to international orders, please visit our Warranty – Arrival Guarantee – Returned Goods Policy page. Please note that attempts to operate a 120-volt device on a higher voltage such as 220-240 volts without a suitable step-down transformer will void the warranty and cause any or all of the bulbs, ballasts, and timer in the device to fail – consider purchasing a 230-volt device instead.
All SolRx devices are Health Canada and US-FDA compliant. Solarc devices do not bear the “CE” Mark as required for general European medical device distribution, but for personal imports to Europe this has proven to be a problem in only one case. European customers will find that great cost savings are available, even when the cost to ship from Canada is included.
Prices are in US-dollars as listed on Solarc’s International website, plus extra freight charges by quote. Payment is in US-Dollars and can be made by credit card (VISA or MasterCard only), or by bank wire transfer. Wire transfers are subject to a 2% additional charge to cover the considerable fees taken by foreign banks. All sales are prepaid and Solarc will verify payment before shipping the product. Any special bank, credit card, or “international transaction fees” are the responsibility of the purchaser. Note that, for security reasons, your bank may require that you confirm your intent to make a foreign transaction. Please consider contacting your bank before sending your credit card information to Solarc.
- Supply Power: All SolRx device models are available for use with a 120-volt, 60Hz, 3-prong grounded power supply. Also available are several models for use with 220-volt to 240-volt, 50/60Hz, 3-prong grounded power supply. Please be sure to indicate “230V” when ordering 230-volt devices.
- Grounding: All SolRx devices require earth grounding using a 3-pin plug. All 230-volt devices are equipped with an internationally standard “C13/C14 power inlet” that allows connection of a power supply cord specific to the region. The customer may have have to supply this power cord, but it should be easy to find as it is also frequently used for computer equipment. It is not acceptable and dangerous to operate a SolRx device without a ground connection, for example by cutting the ground pin from the power supply cord. Operating the device without grounding may result in electrocution causing death.
- Incorrect Voltage Warning: Attempts to operate a 120-volt device on a higher voltage such as 220-240 volts without a suitable step-down transformer will void the warranty and cause any or all of the bulbs, ballasts, and timer in the device to fail. This is, however, repairable.
- Other Frequencies: SolRx devices can also operate at 50 or 60 Hertz. The time scale on the electronic timer is not affected.
- Isolation Transformers: Under special conditions, it may be possible to operate a SolRx device on a 2-wire ungrounded electrical system, but only if using a special “Isolation Transformer”. Please consult a local electrical expert.
- Replacement UV Bulbs: Ultraviolet lamp tubes are not specific to any voltage. All SolRx Narrowband-UVB devices use bulbs from Philips Lighting. You may be able to source replacement bulbs locally, or from Solarc, of course.
- Spare Parts Kit: If you are at a remote location, consider purchasing a “spare parts kit” for your device. This may include spare bulbs, ballasts, and/or timer. Consider also favouring the E‑Series over the 1000‑Series, because each E-Series Add-On device can have two extra spare bulbs shipped within the device for zero extra shipping cost. E‑Series Master devices are not able to be shipped with spare bulbs due to interference with the controller assembly.
- Communications: Solarc has staff that can speak fluent English, French, and Spanish. For other languages, we have found that web translations work well with email communication. User’s Manuals and device labeling is available only in English, French, and Spanish.
- Prescriptions: International orders do not require a physician prescription. Prescriptions are required only for USA shipments per US Federal Law 21CFR801.109 “Prescription Devices”.
- Declared Value: Solarc Systems cannot alter the declared value of the shipment.
SolRx devices are in many different countries and remote locations, including:
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Contact Solarc Systems
If you need a hardcopy of any information, we ask that you download it from our Download Center. If you are having trouble downloading, we would be pleased to mail you whatever you need.
Address: 1515 Snow Valley Road Minesing, ON, Canada L9X 1K3
Business Hours: 9 am-5 pm EST M-F